The Aakash Android Tablet backed by the Government of India does not have 3G connectivity using SIM Card. Internet access is restricted by just the Wi-Fi for interface.
However, with additional storage on mind, the designers of Aakash have given a USB Port which can also be used to connect 3G USB Dongle and go on the High Speed Internet.
Here are the Instructions for Setting Up 3G Internet on Aakash Tablet / Ubislate Android Device
- Plug-in the 3G USB Dongle to your Aakash or Ubislate Android Device. If you are unable to Plugin due to USB port size then you may have to get a Micro to Mini USB Adapter.
- Go to Settings of the Android Tablet Device and Choose – Wireless & Network Settings
- Disable Wi-Fi if it is enabled as Wi-Fi and 3G Dongle Network interfaces will conflict each other.
- Now Check 3G [This is Android Software's Feature and should be Available]
- Wait for few seconds, 3G will be Turned On.
- Now choose Mobile Networks -> and Go to Access Point Names
- Select New APN and insert your network providers details. List of APN / GPRS Settings for Indian Mobile Operators is here.
- In the Above step, if the APN / GPRS Setting is correctly accepted, a Round Button at the Right End after the APN name will Glow Green. That means you are all set and ready to go
- Within the next 2 minutes you are connected using 3G on your Aakash Tablet / Android Device